The Street2Street Preparatory Academy partners with area schools to provide at-risk kids with homework help and tutoring from teachers, business professionals, lawyers, and other community leader volunteers in specific subjects such as reading, writing, and mathematics. This college preparatory program includes helping the students prepare speeches, write essays, and provide real-world training to position them to succeed both in school and in life.
The need is great: for example, in the past two years, the Paterson, New Jersey schools have graduated 90 percent of their high school students, but only five percent graduate with college-ready scores. We desire to help hard-working schools like those in Paterson change that trend while helping each student become a leader and a champion in the game of life.
• In partnership with area schools, educators, and business professionals
• Provides homework help and tutoring
• College preparatory focus
• Assists in readying participants to find employment
In partnership with Kurt Schwarz and Inspire Sports Camps, Street2Street will provide a summer camp experience for up to 100 at-risk kids at Camp Grace, New York. Outdoor sports and activities will be part of the week-long camp experience.
• Uniforms, referees, meals, and an end-of-the-week celebration party
• Professional coaching
• Team competition
Sleep Away Camp
• An away-from-home experience (usually the first ever for most participants)
• Gain outdoor skills and appreciation
• Meet and interact with other kids from different neighborhoods and cultures